USGS/Cascades Volcano Observatory, Vancouver, Washington
Geologic Mapping in Southern Washington Cascades
A full list of workers can be derived from the lists of
Current USGS Workers in the Study Area are:
- Roger P. Ashley
USGS MS 901
345 Middlefield Rd.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Norman G. Banks
USGS Cascades Volcano Observatory
1300 SE Cardinal Court
Building 10, Suite 100
Vancouver, WA 98683
- Richard B. Moore
USGS Denver Federal Building
P.O.Box 25046, MS 903
Lakewood, CO 80225
- Donald A. Swanson
USGS Hawaii Volcanoes Observatory
Staff Changes and Project History:
- FY76--Mapping started in Spirit Lake 15-minute quadrangle by
Norman Banks in cooperation with Washington State
Department of Natural Resources.
- FY78 -- Roger Ashley and Russell Evarts took over the above
project and gradually expanded the area to include the
eight westernmost 7.5 minute quadrangles in the study
- FY86 -- Donald Swanson began mapping east of Evarts and Ashley
in the middle two tiers of quadrangles.
- FY92 -- Richard Moore and Carl Thornber began mapping in the
northern 2 tiers of quadrangles.
- FY94 -- Thornber left and Banks rejoined the mapping team; four
quadrangles added to the east side to complete overlap
of the eastern edge of the SWCC.
- FY95 -- Owing to USGS Geologic Division downsizing, Russ Evarts
lost from the mapping team.
URL for CVO HomePage is:
URL for this page is:
If you have questions or comments please contact:
12/11/02, Lyn Topinka